After extending the benefits of the Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana to all students, the Delhi government is planning to launch an online portal for it.
After a meeting with officials on Thursday, Minister of Social Welfare Rajendra Pal Gautam said the online portal would reduce the time and effort to verify documents, like income and case certificates.
“It will also ensure timely release of payment to the coaching institutes,” said Rajendra Pal.
The Ministry is also looking for possibilities to check enrolment of particular students under the scheme by different empanelled coaching institutes.
The government was also exploring direct transfer of stipend into the bank accounts of students through PFMS and monitoring of students’ biometric attendance.
OBC, general category students in Jai Bhim scholarship scheme
On September 3, the Delhi cabinet gave its nod to include students of Other Backward Caste (OBCs) and general category in the Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana and also to increase the financial assistance from Rs 40,000 to Rs 1 lakh for coaching of competitive examinations.
About Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana
The Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana, launched last year, is aimed at providing free coaching to SC/ST students in preparation for examinations conducted by UPSC, DSSSB, SSC, Railway Recruitment Board and others.
The courses for which the coaching will be imparted are:
1) Group A and B examinations conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), the
Staff Selection Commission (SSC), various Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) and Judicial
2) Group A and B examinations conducted by the State Public Service Commission.
3) Officers’ Grade examinations conducted by banks, insurance companies and public sector
4) Premier entrance examinations for admission in:
- Engineering (eg IIT-JEE & AIEEE)
- Medical (eg AIPMT)
- Professional courses like Management (eg CAT) and Law (eg CLAT)